Monday, November 29, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Food Coma

I don't know about you, but I'm still a zombie from the holiday.  Between cooking a feast (I cooked WAY too much by the way, and don't worry, I'll post pictures soon!), pigging out on the feast, boozing, hosting family, getting a Christmas tree (which somehow wound up being 12 feet high and my husband had to saw half of it off!!), decorating the tree and the house, wrapping presents, and getting Kyle's lunches ready for the week, I'm about ready to sleep for three days.  Oh wait, I can't.  I have a one year old who wants to play tag and jump in the ball pit.  Oh well.  Rest is for the lazy anyway!

The one major benefit is all the leftovers.  Laela and I ate sweet potatoes mixed with granola for breakfast.  She was saying yum yum yum the entire time!  Healthy?  Check.  Easy?  Double check.

If you made sweet potatoes for Turkey day, just sprinkle some quick oats onto your sweet potatoes, mix them in, and heat them up!  You'll have a really yummy and nutritious breakfast or snack for you and your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment