Monday, April 2, 2012

Springy French Toast


Like many little girls, my daughter loves butterflies!  Since it's officially spring, I thought it would be fun to break out the cookie cutters, and make her some fluttering little french toasts.  I used my vanilla french toast recipe. 

While one side of the french toast cooked, I sprinkled on some pink organic sprinkles (you can use whatever color or type of crystalized sprinkles you'd like), then flipped it over and let them melt into the french toast while the french toast cooked on the opposite side.


When the french toast was done, I used to metal cookie cutters to cut the butterfly shapes out of the cooked french toast. This recipe is pretty sweet, so you really don't need to use syrup or powdered sugar. (Let's face it, this is a special dessert breakfast- not something you should be feeding your adorable little monkey everyday!)

Enjoy!  And be sure to try this with different colors, cookie cutters, or even different textured sprinkles!  When I nannied, I made french toast trucks using blue and green sprinkles, and they came out awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment