Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Catch Up

My life has been a total whirlwind since Thanksgiving.  My daughter has become a delightfully fun wild thing, climbing furniture, running through the house, building things, playing with her "babies", running around parks, playgrounds and children's museums- basically just being your average toddler.  For me, it's been this really wonderful, exciting experience to get to be a part of her experiencing all these awesome things for the first time, like a few weeks ago when she went down the slide on her own, giggling and squeeling the entire way down with me cheering, having a silent heart attack as she went flying down the swirly slide.  I cherish these moments, and I'm so grateful that I get to stay home and have them with her.

On the home front, I guess I owe all of you a big catch up.  This new, fast moving toddler I've got over here has kept me from being on the computer much (she bangs on the keys every time I open it in front of her, and yes, she can reach the table), which has hindered my blogging.  Here's a quick catch up of some of my food-ventures...

Thanksgiving:



 

I made WAY too much food, but hey, we ate for over a week after!  These pictures don't really do all the food justice, but I was too tired after cooking to supervise how many or what kind of photos were taken.

Christmas 2010:
This is only the beginning...but here's what I made this past weekend:

Chocolate peanut butter drop cookies, peanut butter cookies, chewy surprise cookies, ginger cookies and chocolate chip:



Ginger Cookies:


Chewy Surprise:


 

I have also made macaroons and sugar cookies, but I haven't taken photos of them yet because the macaroons aren'd chocolate dipped yet and the sugar cookies are waiting to be decorated.  Check in Wednesday for more holiday treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment