Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

It's officially my favorite day of the year. No, I don't mean Christmas, I mean Christmas Eve. The stockings are hung, the cookies are baked, presents are wrapped, Santa's cookie tray and cup are out waiting to be filled with goodies for the big man, and somewhere, Santa is gearing up and ready to go!


For as long as I can remember, I've always loved the anticipation of Christmas morning. It's not really so much about the presents, but the surprises I have in store for my family that excites me. When I was little, I used to squirrel over to Santa's Secret Shop and make my parents stockings. Now that I'm a "grown-up", I still love making everyone stockings with little gifts that I know would make them laugh, or remind them of when they were little. For me, that's one of the main points of Christmas (besides celebrating Jesus). For 363 days a year, people are "grown-ups". This is the one time of year it's okay to be a little kid with faith in a guy in a red suit who's going to make all of your dreams come true. It's acceptable to even have dreams- which as many of you know, that is most certainly frowned upon in our "adult world". It's really funny, because even at 28 years old, I still find myself looking out the window for that little red light and listening for the bells that I heard so many years ago as a young, eager little girl awaiting Christmas morning.

No, these last few posts haven't been about sharing recipes or experiments, and honestly, I haven't been much in the mood for making anything crazy. Right now, I'm appreciating all of the wonderful people that I have in my life (especially since my little bro is home safe from the Navy), and am doing what you're supposed to be doing during the holidays...stuffing everyone full of cookies and good cheer.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!!! May all of your dreams come true!!!! (and not too many pies thrown at family members!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment