Monday, September 24, 2012

Mini Apple Crumble



I love apple crumble.  I love how it makes the house smell, I love its warm, cinnamony goodness, and I love that it means that fall is here!  Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my house that loves it, so I've had to learn to modify the recipe.

This is probably the hands-down easiest dessert that I've ever made.  Give it a try!  You know you're looking for an excuse to go apple picking, so here it is!


Mini Apple Crumble
Serves 2-3 people

You'll need:
  • 2 apples (I prefer Granny Smith), peeled and choopped/cubed/sliced
  • 3 Tb Cinnamon
  • 1 Tb Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp sugar (optional)
  • 1 Tb Butter
  • 1/4 cup Quick oats
Instructions:
  • Preheat your oven to 350-degrees.
  • In a small (2-3 cup) ramekin or corningware bowl (oven safe!!), mix the apples, 2Tb cinnamon, and 1 tsp sugar (I don't use the sugar, but on the rare occasion that Laela wants cooked apples, she prefers it with sugar).
  • In a small mixing bowl, mix the oats, butter, brown sugar, and 1 Tb cinnamon into a crumble mixture.
  • Sprinkle the crumble over the apples.
  • Bake for 25 minutes.
  • Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment