Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chocolate Death Cake

I was so excited to post pictures of this awesome chocolate cake I made for Kyle as a celebration of his diphtheria-like illness subsiding, but for some reason, every time I post a picture lately, the link breaks and I just can't seem to figure out how to fix it.  Talk about frustrating!  So anyway, if you don't see pictures of a sinful-looking chocolate cake below, that's why.



Oh well.  At least these picture problems are lighting a fire under Ky's butt to get my website started. Yay!  Caracakes.com will soon be a happy reality with lots of pictures that you can actually see, recipes to try, and more cooking and baking adventures!

Anyway, I feel that it's my duty to at least describe the yummy cake to you.  It was a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate shavings on the sides.  The cake was moist and chocolately, but not overly sweet.  The cake was a lot less dense than the typical chocolate cake, which I think may have been attributed to my only using egg whites insead of the entire egg.  The chocolate icing was that perfect mixture of thick, sweet, rich, buttery goodness, with just a touch of airiness.  70% cocoa shavings really helped elevate the cake from being a simple chocolate cake to a really decadent dessert.  Kyle refers to it as Chocolate Death Cake because it's so good that he couldn't stop eating it, and well, now he feels like death.  Guess that's what happens when you eat half a cake!



Friday I'll be sharing my most favorite chocolate lava cake recipe that's super easy, super quick, and of course absolutely delicious!

Hope everyone's having a happy hump day!



No comments:

Post a Comment