Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Emma!



It's amazing how quickly babies grow! I remember when Emma, my best friend Xana's daughter, was born. She was gorgeous with her chunky little cheeks and her whispy blonde hair. This weekend was her second birthday. Now, instead of a chubby cheeked, waddly little munchkin, she's evolved into a smart, charming, spunky little girl...who's now obsesssed with Yo Gabba Gabba.

When Xana told me that Emma wanted a Yo Gabba Gabba cake, I had no idea what she was talking about, so of course, I googled. To really get the gist of just how creepy, catchy, and well, mind numbing that Yo Gabba Gabba is, you'll have to check it out for yourself. If you're too afraid, let's just call it baby crack.
Here are some pictures from Emma's first birthday (with the cakes that I made), long before she liked super scary kid shows:




It was so fun making her first birthday cake. The theme was pink pink pink (and cupcakes!). My kitchen was dyed purple and pink for a week. Thanks to Yo Gabba Gabba, it's now a smattering of red, black, pink, yellow and green.
If your child is into a creepy kid show like Barney or Yo Gabba Gabba, I salute you for being a fabulously tolerant parent..and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your brains don't fry (especially since I've only watched a few videos and have had "there's a party in my tummy" stuck in my head for two weeks now. Ugh.) I can only hope that whatever Laela gets obsessed with when we let her watch the tube isn't so damn catchy.

Have a happy, non-mind numbing Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for always making a fantastic and yummy cake for Emma!!

    ReplyDelete