Sunday, April 4, 2010

Post Holy Week Food Coma

This year's holy week was a doozy! We had an amazing Sader dinner at my best friend's mother's house, seafood fest on Good Friday, a fun family pre-Easter pizza party, a delicious Easter brunch prepared by yours truly, and a fantastic traditional ham dinner with friends. Needless to say, my family needs another sweet like they need a hole in the head, but I can't help but thinking of...



What is that delicious concotion, might you ask? Do you see some delicious chocolate peanut butter cups on there? Could it be? Why yes, yes it is, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake! Chocolate cake, peanut butter buttercream, chocolate fudge buttercream, and peanut butter cups galore! I don't think there are many things better in this world than the chocolate and peanut butter combo.

This is my go to cake for Father's Day. It's one of my favorites to make because it reminds me of when I first became a baker, and had to make hundreds of the same boring chocolate cake with peanut butter as the filling with some Reeses slapped on. I hate making cakes like a factory worker, and I hate the idea of beautiful peanut butter being treated so poorly with it's dear friend, and partner, chocolate. I invented a delicious peanut butter buttercream so that the peanut butter isn't overwhelming. The peanut butter buttercream dots give that extra punch of flavor to enhance the chocolate fudge icing and chocolate cake, and as my Daddy says, it's "just wrong it's so good".

I can't wait until Laela is old enough to help me make her Daddy and Grandpa's Father's Day cakes with me! In the meantime, I'll keep trying to think of fun new ways to knock their socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment