Monday, January 31, 2011

My Favorite Grilled Cheese

Today we're going to talk about grilled cheese.  I don't know about you, but I grew up pretty much living on the stuff.  Sick?  Make grilled cheese.  Parents working late?  Yup, grilled cheese.

When my husband and I started dating, he couldn't boil his way out of a pasta box...but damn if the man couldn't make the best grilled cheese that I've ever had.  (Sorry Pop Shop, he only beats you by an inch, but trust me, it's a super yummy inch nonetheless.)  He uses so much butter, I simply can't justify it, so when he makes it, I do the right thing.  I ask for less butter.  He may use less, he may not, but man, it is SO good.

Kyle's Super Yummy, Super Easy Grilled Cheese
serves 1

Ingredients:
(2) slices American cheese
(1) slice Provolone cheese
(2) slices Wheat bread
Butter
Mustard (Optional)

Directions:
Toast both slices of bread to your liking.  Spread butter or margarine on both sides of the bread. (I know.  It sounds gross, and truthfully, when I make this, I don't do it, I just can't.  It's just too much butter.)  Place all of the cheese on the buttered bread.  Spread mustard onto the bread if you like it.  Put it in a medium hot pan and flip once it has toasted to your desired consistency.  After the sandwich is toasted to your liking, or is just about there, place a lid on the pan to help "goo-ify" the cheese.

Serve and eat immediately. (Kyle always serves it with my favorite tomato soup and goldfish crackers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment