Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick and Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia

I had a pretty rough night last night.  Laela was chanting for Daddy before bed, so it really didn't help that the snow plows woke her up three times and reminded her that, nope, Daddy still isn't home to come cuddle her when she's freaked out.  If you see Mr. Snow Plow, thank him for cleaning our roads, but ask him if it's necessary to be so loud?  I'm just sayin'.

Since I'm so zonked, I'm going to give you the easiest fish recipe you'll ever make in  your life.  Seriously.  I came up with this the other night when I realized that it was 6pm and I had nothing defrosted.  A quick stop at the fish market and I had dinner ready in ten minutes, prep and all!

You'll need:

1lb tilapia
1 lemon
4Tb olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 heaping tablespoon of garlic

Heat your pan to medium heat.  Drizzle your 4Tb of olive oil in the pan.  Add the garlic.  Slice one half a lemon into thin slices and place them in the pan.  Salt and pepper both sides of your fish.  Place your fish on top of the lemon slices.  Squeeze the other half of lemon, drizzling the juice all over the fish.  Cook about 4 minutes per side and you're done!

I made this with some yummy couscous (takes five minutes), peas (2 minutes), and steamed carrots (5 minutes).  The couscous and veggies all cooked while I waited for the tilapia.  It doesn't get much easier or faster than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment